Wednesday, April 3, 2013

In Class Post #10

There have been many skills covered that will greatly benefit my college years. I have learned about so many new search engines that Ihonestly did not even know existed. These would include the databases within Galileo and Galileo itself. I had heard of Galileo but never really knew what it was. We have leanred how to determine whether or not a source is reliable by using the CRAP test. This was extremely helpful to me because I had never paid attention to any of the CRAP test evaluation: dates, author, information within, ect. It has helped to me find the most valuable, reliable, and credible sources pertaining to my research topic. Learning how to do and actually writing an annotated bibliography helped greatly. It made me understand each of my sources in a better manner and helped narrow down or decide which sources would be of full help to support my research. Another aspect of the class that has been taught is presenting the information that has been found. We have already had one presentation and by doing so, it helped me to hear my research out loud and get feedback from co-classmates. All of the skills and tols we have aquired will definitely benefit me in the future and another classes. When writing papers in English, I now can determine whetehera source is good or bad to use. Also when starting my graduate classes, the tools will help me to use reliable sources, dig much deeper into my research, write annotated bibliographies, and will help with presenting the information and research i have found.

1 comment:

  1. I also did not know much about Galileo and the databases and the databases it contained until taking this class. The CRAP Test helped me out a lot when it came to finding reliable sources especially websites because they can be tricky. I agree with you that the things we have learned in this class will be beneficial to us in our college years.

    ReplyDelete