I have done many research projects throughout highschool. However, the project I enjoyed doing most was during the second semester of my senior year in my British Literature class. Each student in the class had to choose a topic they felt strongly about and ellaborate on why they believe the topic to be true, or why they felt the way they did, and write an essay on it. I chose to write my essay on the drinking age being reduced to 18.
The reason I chose this topic is because I felt very strongly that the age should be reduced to 18. At age 18, people are conisdered an adult. They can join the military, legally buy/smoke cigarrettes, vote, and basically resume the same responsibilities as other adults. The only thing a person can't do when they turn 18 is legally drink. If a person is mature enough to perform all the other tasks or activities listed, then why are they not mature enough to drink. I used google for the research on my entire paper. I mainly got my research from articles written by professors, statistics on drinking, and the government. All the facts and information obtained backed up all statistics found and made a very strong paper.
I enjoyed writing this paper because it portained to me, and was interesting to research. I found out many new facts on the subject, and after finishing my essay, I felt more strongly about my topic than before i started my research.
this seems like it would have been a cool project to do especially since I did a project similar to this in english1101. I believe that you are absolutly right on this matter if people at 18 can go off to the military and all this other stuff then why shouldn't a 18 year old be able to drink.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI deleted my original reply, because after posting it, then re-reading it, it came across, at least to me as somewhat condescending and arrogant, and that was the exact opposite of my intentions. If you read it before I deleted it, my apologies. Not how I wanted it to read. I agree 100%. 18-20 year olds should be allowed to legally buy alcohol. If there was something I personally could do to change it, I would.
ReplyDelete