Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Research Topic

My group chose a topic from an article of an individual being bilingual. The article was based off of the question on if a person was bilingual, if it made them smarter or not. We chose this topic because it protains to each of our majors the best. Our majors included education, business, and pre-nursing. Possessing a bilingual background would greatly benefit eachof these career fields.
My major is business and marketing. The topic of a bilingual person interests me because I feel that if an individual is bilingual, it would help their job opportunities in the marketing world. Researching more about this topic will help me decide if I need to minor in a second lanuage to help my job search in the future. It might help me  to be able to communicate with a wider variety of people, including other marketers and consumers. Also, it would help me to not be restriceted to staying withing the U.S. I hope to learn alot from this research topic and project to help benefit me in the future!

2 comments:

  1. I do believe that bilingual people are a bit smarter, but only in the fact that they can speak another language. But, it is very important to know another language in certain fields of your career. It is very helpful and you can help other people. With your major you could possibly learn another language and it would benefit you greatly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the topic your group chose and it fits perfectly with all of your majors. I think it would be a good idea to be bilingual and I think that being bilingual would make you stand apart from others who aren't when trying to get a job one day.

    ReplyDelete