Library Ethnography
http://youtu.be/Q9US8d-A84I
100%For this project, Laiken and I chose to look up a book on Karma from the Ingram library. We first met in the library, and found a computer to use. Then, we went to the home page i-con which brought us to the library's home pa
For this project, Laiken and I chose to look up a book on Karma from the Ingram library. We first met in the library, and found a computer to use. Then, we went to the home page i-con which brought us to the library's home page. Once we were at the home page we typed our book topic into the search engine. A list of books related to the topic appeared on the screen. After deciding on the book we wanted to find, we wrote down all information about the book(name, call number and floor level), so we could find the book without having to come back to the computer. Our book was located on level 2 of the library in section D, so off we went to the elevators. Once we reached level 2, we found section D by looking at the section letter and numbers that are posted on the outside edges of each bookshelf. We found section D, and began searching for the call number, which is located on the spine of each book. Once we found out book, we were complete!
Laiken and I worked very well together in my opinion. We each did an equal share of work for the project, and did not slack off on it. We both met in the library to take the pictures, and the rest of our work was split into two parts. Laiken used her camera to take pictures and uploaded the pictures to the computer, organized them, and sent them to me. I put the pictures into a video, and added the descriptions to each image. We both came up with the steps and descriptions for each picture. I enjoyed having Laiken as a partner because we each did our equal part, which helped me enjoy doing the project itself more as well.
I watched the youtube video that you and your partner created and I think you guys did an awesome job! I can defiitely tell that you put a lot of thought and effot into the project! Great job!
ReplyDeleteApparently, your video has been blocked on youtube due to a copyright complaint. We'll talk more about why that might have happened in class (it's useful for everyone to learn about!). But, I will need some other way to view your video. You can do this in a couple of different ways:
ReplyDelete1. Upload it to dropbox and share the file there. If you don't have a dropbox account, you can use this link and we'll both get extra free storage space - http://db.tt/nYAnix1
2. Put it on a flash drive and bring it to class
3. Upload it to another video sharing site and send me the link
I know you did the project, I viewed everyone's shortly after they were posted, I just didn't have the brain power to think about grading when I did that!