Wednesday, February 6, 2013
In-Class Blog Post #4
I honestly have never used a pulic library to do any research for papers in high school, and it was very rare if I went to my actually school library to use a book from there. I was more of an online source type of person. I can only remember one time when I checked out a book from the school library, and finding that book was alot more difficlut than finding one at the Ingram Library located here at West GA. The main source of help were the librarians at the check-out desk. However, even if you needed assistance from them, there were only two available that were most of the time busy with someone else and had a long line. There was not a library catalog that I could use to pin-point the actual location of a book. Also, the fact that there was no catalog meant that if you had a certain topic to research, you would just have to look through books to see if they could help you out. If there was a certain book you needed that was recommended by a teacher, to find out if the book was checked out, I would have to either search until I found it was not there, or ask the librarian. I have definitely enjoyed using the Ingram Library because it is a whole lot more convinient and easier to use and manuver through than any libraries I encountered throughout my gradeschool years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment