Wednesday, February 13, 2013

In-class Post #5

There are numerous ways in which all the skills I have learned and aquired in this class can be applied to other classes I have. A few skills we have learned include citing a source, determining if that source is good or bad, and learning how to not plagarize. The main class that pops out in my head in which I could use these types of  skills would be my English class. We are constantely reading books, and having to write papers about them. In addition to the books, my professor always requires a secondary source. When choosing the best secondary source to use in my paper to determine if it is a good or bad secondary source, there are different aspects of the cite I would look at. I can look at the date of article publication, search the background of the author, check if citations are made, and if the article seems based on facts or opinion. After determining the source I would use, I would apply it to my paper. If I am usuing it in my paper, I need to make sure I am not plagiarizing. By learning how to not in this class, I can make sure I am giving credit to all information used from that article. Last, each source used for the paper needs to be cited, and by learning exactly how to do that in this class, I can give proper credit and citations to each source used in my paper.

2 comments:

  1. I do agree with you because there have been more than enough skills that i have learned in this class as well. Being able to apply it to your English class is awesome. Knowing how to research and cite your sources will be very helpful when it comes to doing papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about how you stated that learn what is plagiarism and what is not will be really useful. its certain thing i didn't think was plagiarism and it is, the colleges now are cracking down on this subject so this skill is very useful. The second skill that you were talking about as far as citations i found that extremely useful because i didn't know how to use them properly.

    ReplyDelete